Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

Ok, so the blogging about Sex God has gone a bit aray because I got bored. I am fickle. I'm sorry. But anyway, I'm going on holiday later today! Off to Portugal for a week! Woo. It shall be a lot of fun.

2 brief thoughts before I go away:

1. A Quote from C.S Lewis

"Indeed, if we consider...the staggering nature of the rewards promised in the gospels, if would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are far too easily pleased."

I have probably put this in my blog before and so I have and you remember then feel free to skip to the next bit. It just strikes me as such an incredible thought. It reminds me of that story of that man that goes to heaven and gets shown around by St. Peter. They keep coming across these warehouses and the man asked to have a look. St Peter isn't too sure but he gives in and they go have a look. The man discovers boxes and boxes in rows with peoples names. He keeps searching, nosily, thinking that there might be a box for him. He looks and looks and finds his box and before St. Peter can stop him he's pulled of the lid and inside is pages and pages of blessings. He looks up and says' But these things never happened?' St Peter replies, 'You never asked.'

I dont want to get into a debate about the rights and wrongs of this idea or the notion that God has the power to say No- I am aware of all the danger zones. It just seems to me that GOd promises us soo incredibly much. He urges us to believe that He is capable of miracles but so often we talk ourselves out of if. It isn't Gods job. Or its selfish of us. Or it wouldn't work anyway. Why? Why do we suffice with average, trying to carry things ourselves when God could give us the world in a second if we asked and BELIEVED?

2. I had to go to the hospital today. Took Chris with me. He decided to be as embaressing as possible and make everyone around think that I was carrying his baby. You can't take him anywhere!! But begin there made me realise how incredibly created we really are. Ironic i know, amongst bodies that aren't working. But it just blows me away. How does everything know what to do? How does your brain know what muscles make you walk without you having any knowledge of the signals? It just is amazing!
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

2 comments:

At 8:12 AM Unknown said...

Ooh! Becks! I find this whole concept massively difficult.

Ephesians 3:20 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us..."

So why don't we see more miracles happening? Is it because we don't ask enough - possibly, but the times where we do ask and they don't happen surely makes it inevitable that we will be less likely to ask next time?!

Sorry to be controversial - i do believe in a miraculous God - I just struggle to understand the why and when of God using His miraclulous power.

 
At 9:27 AM Bec said...

Oh yes thats my brother! -x-

 

Post a Comment