Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

Tonight is the night!!

HARRY POTTER IS RELEASED!

Dad and I have packed our chairs and our little picnic and shall be setting off for Lakeside in a little while to join in the final ever Potter Mania!! I dont even have a costume. I'm quite disappointed with myself. Its gonna be great. I love them. I first started reading Harry Potter when I was 13 years old. I am now 20. I have grown up with these books and I am not ashamed to say that I am probably going to cry and cry when I get to the end.

I love it though. And i love that in this day and age people of every age and nationality are all so excited about this book, rather than a film or celebrity or inane object. Books teach you. They help you create a world full to the brim in your own imagination. I want my children to know that excitment of a world all in writing where anything can happen and you can see it all in your mind. I have purposefully not watched any of the Harry Potter films. I might when I have finished the final book and my imagination is no longer needed but until then the books are good enough.

Ok, so I am a geek and I do not hide it. I am aiming to have the book finished by Sunday morning!! Its my challenge to myself. I promise I'll keep the ending to myself......for now!

1 comments:

At 10:51 AM Liz said...

I can't promise to have mine read by Sunday morning mainly because I haven't got it yet - Keith is collecting it from Waterstones now, as we speak. I did think about getting up in the middle of the night , but then I stopped. I do have a deadline though. I have to finish it by next Wednesday evening as Joe returns on Thursday morning and requires a smooth hand over. We have read books at the same time before - 2 book marks and all that, but it's not the best way to do it.

By the way - I wager that the movies and your imagination will overlap as the writing is so good.The only thing is that they have to miss so much out!

 

Post a Comment