Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

Sex God - Part 2

Sexy on the inside

In this chapter, sex is redefined. Sex is not about the actual physical act of pleasure. It's about connection- the realization of our disconnection and the art of reconnecting.

Bell talks about the Fall-the major disconnection. When we were severed from God and each other. Left wanting. He talks in the next chapter about how the Fall was caused by Lust- and lust always promises what it cannot give. You always are left unfulfilled. We lusted, we decided believe the promises of something other than God and because of that we were disconnected from Him.
And so we try to fix it and take from wherever we can - sex, money, shopping, beauty etc. It doesnt work and we find fault; in each other, in God but more often that not, in ourselves. The disconnection that tears me apart in't from them or Him but from Me. Because I was made to see Him, them in Me.

"You can't be connected to God until you are at peace with who you are. If you're still upset that God gave you this body or this life or this family or these circumstances, you will never be able to connect with God in a healthy, thriving, sustainable sort of way. You'll be at odds with your maker. And if you can't come to terms with who you are and the life you've been given, you'll never be able to accept others and how they were made and the lives they've been given. And until you're at peace with God and those around you, you will continue to struggle with your role on the planet, your part to play in the ongoing creation of the universe. You will continue to struggle and resist and fail to connect...It all starts with being sexy on the inside."

6 comments:

At 10:07 PM Unknown said...

"And if you can't come to terms with who you are and the life you've been given, you'll never be able to accept others and how they were made and the lives they've been given." I read this somewhere else recently, (not puit in ecactly the same way but cbasically said the same thing), but I am not sure I agree. It sounds feasible, and certainly possible, but I also don't think that its impossile to accept others even if you can't accept yourself.

I don't have any clever accademic arguments, or Biblical stuff to back me up on this and maybe I am wrong and I just don't realise it.

I don't know. What does everyone else think?

 
At 3:06 PM Fiona said...

Actually Kirsty, I think I agree with the author. Maybe sub-consciously we are semi-critical of others (sometimes without really knowing we are) because we ARE critical about ourselves. If we were only content with what we are and have, we would have no need to look at others - even if we don't intent to criticise or comment or assess them - and accept life for what it is. Sorry if that doesn't make any sense. I think I know what I mean.

"And until you're at peace with God and those around you, you will continue to struggle with your role on the planet, your part to play in the ongoing creation of the universe. You will continue to struggle and resist and fail to connect..."

If this is the answer to the question, all we need to do now is to apply it!

 
At 5:11 AM Matthew said...

is there gonna be a part 3? or is that the end of the book?

 
At 9:16 AM Becks said...

you cheeky b*&g%r! yes.. there should be a part three but I got bored. I lack commitment to a task. I am sorry. Feeling rather lack-luster on the old blogging front recently. I apologise. I will try and be worked up enough about something before my holiday on thursday! Is that ok for you, Mr Champ?

 
At 1:32 PM Matthew said...

sounds great.
see i always get frusterated with your blog because i always find it insightful and a joy to read - yet you NEVER update...so it's always a nice surprise to come along and find a new post...but I totally understand the whole lack-luster on the blogging front these days. i just feel like i'm repeating myself and have nothing new to say anymore.
well - anyways - i'm enjoying reading what you got to say about the book and if i didn't (honest to God) have a pile of over 100 books next to my bed to read I'd add it to my list...maybe in a couple of months...or probably a lot longer than that...

 
At 5:21 PM Becks said...

Aww..well you've inspired me to think. I'll update soon! hope you are well xxx

 

Post a Comment