Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

It's ok

I thought it was time to update anybody who happens to pass by my blog on what is going on in my life. As you may or may not know, mum and dad got marching orders last week. So in the summer they are going to be moving on and for the first time, me and rachel are not. We are going to rent a place and live in Romford- make ourselves a little home here. Its a good feeling to know that in some ways I'm settled. But this process of 'settling' is like living in an earthquake. I need to finish my degree, find a job, find a place to live. I need to sort out my finiacial situation and the practicalities that I know need to be addressed for my life. In truth, it wouldn't really make a difference if mum and dad were moving or not, I still need to address these things. I think every graduate in the country is living in the same storm- its one of those things. Dont get me wrong- i'm not unhappy. I'm a little excited actually. I know that everything always works out ok in the end. But I would still value your prayers in getting everything in order!

On a completely different note- I had a conversation a while back with my mum and with a friend from uni about what it means to be trinitarian. Christians believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. As much as people say we are monotheisitc, we are not. Not truly. That understanding loses something of what being Trinitarian offers us. I see it this way- as a Christian you can live your faith standing on one of three platforms (or move about of course).

[disclaimer- these are all my perceptions and none are intended to seem any better or worse then any others, its just something I've noticed.]

There are those who stand on the 'Spirit'- their faith is about leading and direction. They focus their prayer and their hopes on revival, on spirit-filled life. Their faith is practiced like water-worshippers. Waiting for the rain or rejoicing in the downpour. The spirit is their spiritual home.

Then, there are the Christ-ians. In Christ they see everything they feel they ever needed. They find hope and comfort in seeing a God who looks like them and lived like them whilst still being God himself. The example of Christ and the significance of his sacrifice strike awe and wonder in their hearts. They pray to their 'Lord Jesus Christ' and make living as he lived their lives goal. Christ is their home.

And finally, the camp I think I stand on- those who stand on God, on Being alone. If a verse could some up the faith of those in this camp it would be 'Be still and know that I am God'. They stand in a place of recognition that God is God and that is all that is needed. The silence and security that God offers is valuable to those who will always remember that they are children of the Father. He is their home.

As I said, I dont think any lillypad of faith is any less worthy or spiritual than the others. And I think at some point in the Christian journey people step from one to the other hoping to experience all that the Trinity has to offer. As a follower of a Trinitarian faith, I do not want to undermine the wonder that my 'three in one' God has to extended to me.

Just though I'd copy you the words of a song I like- its by Nichole Nordeman- its called 'Home'.

Bright are the stars that shine
In somebody else's sky
Green is the grass that grows some place different
more possibilities more than you offered me
More than I care to see from a distance

I was certain that the Truth would be
in a place that kept eluding me but
every stone turned and unturned again
would only serve to prove that
I never had to move to find you

And you will always be
The only love I'll ever know, home
You you have made for me
the only place i'll ever go, home

God for the shameless pride
The times when I rolled my eyes
To laugh at simplicity show me mercy

Knowing what I now now
Its hard to imagine how
I could feel anything but unworthy

And The Mystery of your love for me
Is not as hidden as it seemed to be
Should have known then when you said to me
"seek and you will find"
It was right there all the time

And you will always be
The only love I'll ever know, home
You you have made for me
the only place i'll ever go, home

0 comments:

Post a Comment