Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

musical genius

i bought two of Nichole Nordeman's albumns today; Wide Eyed and Brave. Her songs are so intelligently written and envoke so much. They have meaning and intent not just musicality.

But anyway, in the words of Nichole, here is me, today. Split personality.

Thanks

Hello, Mr. Darkcloud
Never thought that we would meet so soon
Never thought I'd bundle up in June
Funny how the fog rolls
Funnier that I'd know who to blame
Never thought I'd have to own this pain
If all that's good and true comes from heaven
Then what's a girl to do when it rains?

Chorus
And I'm sayin Why, why, why, why?
I'm shakin a fist in the dark, and Im askin
Why, why, why, why?
Why does it keep getting harder
To say thanks? Tell me what's a girl to do...

Even fields of flowers
Dressing in their best because of You
Knowing they are blessed to be in bloom
But what about November
When the air is cold and wet winds blow
Do they understand why they cant grow?

And I could not pretend to know the difference
Between the storms You send and those I find

Anyway

Bless the day
This restoration is complete
Dirty dusty something must be underneath
So I scrape and I scuff
Though it's never quite enough
I'm starting to see me finally

A gallery of paintings new and paintings old
I guess it's no surprise that I'm no Michael angelo
Every layer of mine hides a lovely design
It might take a little patience
It might take a little time

But you called me beautiful
When you saw my shame
And you placed me on the wall
Anyway

You who have begun this work will someday see
A portrait of the holiness you meant for me
So I polish and shine
til it's easier to find even an outline of mine

But you called me beautiful
When you saw my shame
And you placed me on the wall
Anyway
Anyway
And you placed me on the wall
Anyway

1 comments:

At 12:45 AM Glyn Harries said...

Hey,

Hope you don't mind but I've been reading through your blogs.

I'm fairly new to this whole blogging thing so I've just been browsing and I came across yours. I can relate to a lot of what you've been saying but unlike you I don't have the guts to actually voice my own doubts and fears.

Reading your posts is kinda like reading 21st century Psalms (if David could've blogged)

Anyway, just wanted you to know (at this ridiculous hour of the morning) that I've been pretty blessed and inspired by what you've said. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment