Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

i was sitting on the bus thinking through my predicament and getting annoyed, once again, by the damn fundamentalism of some people. no, not even fundamentalsim, that entails so much more. the ignorance of people who refuse to understand the beliefs of other people for its own merits. these are the people who are more than willing to pick apart and dismiss the seeming flaws of other faiths yet would by no means do so to their own. its hypocrisy disguised as fundamentalism!

anyway, getting back to the issue at hand- it is this very distain for "fundamentalism" that has led me into this situation. i thought that i was very prepared for doing this degree. i knew that no one could make me think that there was no God. i thought i was safe. but now i'm faced with the issue, what if there is a God, but we're worshipping the "wrong one"? what if "they" got it right and we are the ones dragging behind? i have always been pluralistic in my thinking and the idea that those of other faiths got into my idea of heaven was always fine by me, but what happens if its not "them" getting let in with me, but me being let in with "them"! if you think about that for too long it turns your head inside out.

i am as sure now as i have always been that there is a God, but i find myself unsure as to whether Christianity has got it right. therein is where the problems lies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment