Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

My 'church'

I was reminded in a book I was proofing of the dance track released a couple of years ago by Faithless; God is a DJ. I looked it up and the lyrics go like this:

This is my church
This is where I heal my hurt
It's a natural grace
Of watching young life shape
It's in minor keys
Solutions and remedies
Enemies becoming friends
When bitterness ends
This is my church

This is my church
This is where I heal my hurt
It's in the world I become
Content in the hum
Between voice and drum
It's in change
The poetic justice of cause and effect
Respect, love, compassion
This is my church
This is where I heal my hurt

For tonight
God is a DJ

It made me wonder. It made me question what my 'church' is; where it is. Where do I heal my hurts; where to I find my solutions; where is my pulse and my energy? I don’t know.

I am not writing this to make a point about our church, and I say that with the confidence that pretty much everyone that reads this is a member of my church. I say this because I want to know. Because I feel I have lost it and I miss it. I used to find it at the army but for some reason I don't anymore. I do not know if that is because I have become disillusioned or because I do not try or for some unfathomable reason unbeknownst to me as of yet.

But, wherever my 'church' went. It would be nice to have it back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment