Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

Update

Just thought I'd update you all- i am still alive.

University is a bit more stressful this year. I already feel as though I am falling behind. I haven't even started my dissertation and my essays are coming along slowly! I really thought that I would savour this year- not want it to end- but in truth I am tired. I sick of living in limbo. I love learning- i love theology but i want a 'real life'. A job. A path. I feel like I am just stuck at the moment. I think this year is just constantly a time of preoccupation. You can't focus on one thing- my mind is always trying to be in 5 places at once! Job searching, essays, dissertation, resumes, aptitude tests, research, money, work etc etc. If time could just stop, I would be grateful.

I feel like I am missing so much at home as well. Romford is such a good place to be and there are so many people there that I love. I feel out of the loop.

Sorry that this is such a moany blog. I will aim to bring you a positive update on life later.

I found this prayer- it is my wish for myself.


Today, like every other day,
we wake up empty and frightened.
Don't open the door to the study and begin reading.
Take down a musical instrument.
Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.

sufi mystic - jelaluddin rumi - 13th century

2 comments:

At 6:29 PM Jude said...

you're not alone hunni!

 
At 11:00 AM Liz said...

Hey, I'm glad you're alive!!

Keep going, only a few more corners.
XX

 

Post a Comment